As a business owner, you have worked hard to build your company. That’s why when it is time to transition the company to its next owner, you want to make sure that everything is done correctly. By hiring a reputable M&A Advisor for the transaction, you will maintain privacy, minimize the transaction timeline, decrease your stress, and maximize your value.
Here are a few of the many reasons you should hire an advisor to help you accomplish your goals.
- Expertise and Experience: An advisor who specializes in Mergers & Acquisitions has the knowledge and experience necessary to navigate the process and achieve the best possible outcome for your transaction. No one knows your business like you do, but a reputable Advisor knows how to locate and interact with buyers, structure the transaction, and negotiate the terms with multiple parties.
- Objectivity: It can be difficult to remain objective when it comes to the sale of your own business, especially if you are the founder and grew it from its beginnings. An advisor can provide an objective perspective and help you make decisions based on what is best for you and the business, rather than an having an emotional attachment to it.
- Network and Connections: Advisors who specialize in in Mergers & Acquisitions have a network of potential buyers and connections within the market. This will increase the chances of finding the right buyer for your business and obtaining the best deal for you.
- Negotiation and Communication: An advisor leads the negotiation process and ensures that communication with potential buyers is handled effectively. This critically important step will help to maximize the value of your business and ensure a smooth transaction.
- Time Savings: Selling a business can be a time-consuming process. An advisor handles many of the tasks involved in the sale, allowing you to focus on running your business and preparing for the transition. Declining performance during a sale process isn’t good for anyone and may harm value. Business owners should keep their focus on running the company.
- Deals Can Get Complicated – While the sale price and EBITDA multiples garner the most attention, the terms of a transaction are just as important. And they can get complicated, fast. How will you be paid? What percentage of the transaction will be held in escrow? How long will a potential buyer be granted exclusivity? There are many things to consider.
The decision to sell your business is one of the biggest decisions you will ever face. The success of the process is highly dependent on the team you assemble—a team of experienced and respected professionals like SEACAP Financial. For more than 20 years, SEACAP has earned a reputation as highly competent and ethical M&A Advisors who can help optimize the value of your company in every economic condition. Give us a call and let us walk you through everything we bring to the table.