For the Business Seller
SEACAP is sensitive to the dynamics of privately-held, family-owned and operated companies. By managing the sale process from start to finish, we build value for businesses that are either sold or passed to the next generation.
Pre-sale preparation can dramatically enhance the transaction value, so we focus on business planning, process improvements and financial controls. SEACAP helps strengthen the balance sheet and improve the income statement. We also provide direction on timing a business sale through value-mapping against market conditions and performance metrics. Our clients avoid the guesswork of when and how to sell.
SEACAP helps clients develop effective business plans.
SEACAP coaches clients on key succession management factors.
SEACAP helps position financial statements for maximum results.
The Sale Process
- Establish the selling price using an appraisal-based approach
- Test the selling proposition against the goals and objectives of the seller
- Assess all options for a sale (internal, strategic and financial buyers)
- Evaluate market conditions and timing issues
- Develop an offering package
- Identify and qualify potential acquirers
- Evaluate initial proposals
- Negotiate and structure the deal
- Assist with acquisition financing
- Close the transaction in concert with the seller’s advisors and deliver post-closing advisory services as needed