For the Business Buyer
As an investment bank for the family business, SEACAP provides acquisition support services to:
that seek grow through acquisition.
Individuals in Career Transition
who need private, competent representation as they seek the independence of entrepreneurship.
to business owners and entrepreneurs who need acquisition search and discovery services for a client.
The Acquisition Process:
Survey & Assess
Survey & assess the buyer’s goals and objectives in order to clearly define the search parameters.
- SWOT Analysis for Making an Acquisition: This initial step involves an in-depth look at the purpose and intent in making an acquisition. We evaluate financial and risk factors as well as the challenges of integrating and/or running an acquired business. Lastly, we assess the rewards that come with success.
- Qualification & Development of Financial Criteria: We analyze each client’s financial resources, investment capacity, targeted return on investment, growth objectives, and eventual exit options. Using proprietary instruments, we also assist clients in assessing their post-acquisition management and administrative capabilities.
- Development of Acquisition Criteria: Similar to a conventional job-seeker’s resume, this profile is used to stimulate deal flow by presenting a client’s qualifications and acquisition criteria (industry focus, geography, revenue/earnings range, etc.) to advisors and owners of target businesses.
Identify & Evaluate
Identify & Evaluate acquisition targets against specific search criteria using traditional business appraisal methodology.
- Search & Discovery: SEACAP seeks to identify multiple acquisition candidates using market-tested processes for target screening.
- Initial Assessment: Acquisition targets are initially assessed by reviewing the history of operations, ownership structure and the workforce talent. We evaluate market coverage, competition, and the sales and marketing process, followed by a preliminary financial analysis, value assessment and suitability analysis.
- Due Diligence: Once a target is captured under contract, diligence is conducted in the following areas: business planning; industry and market factors; sales and marketing processes; real estate; facilities, property and equipment; technology needs; environmental, health and safety; legal and financial; intellectual property; insurance and risk management.
Acquire the right target after making an informed, unemotional and strategic decision.
- Letter of Intent, Offer to Purchase & Negotiation: Along with the client’s other professional advisors, SEACAP offers support with composing, presenting and negotiating the offer once an acquisition target is qualified.
- Finance & Financing: SEACAP assists in constructing financial forecasts in order to secure acquisition funding and working capital.
- Closing & Post Closing Support Services: SEACAP facilitates the removal of contingencies and supports the client’s legal and accounting advisors as needed. In addition, we can be re-engaged after the transaction is complete to help ensure a successful integration.